How does it work?
- To eliminate hair, we use a combination of two lasers depending on the patient’s needs, the 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser and the 755-nmAlexandrite laser.
- The laser emits gentle pulses of energy that pass through the skin to the hair follicle. This energy is then absorbed into the hair follicle to destroy it.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for laser hair removal?
- Laser hair removal can be applied to all areas of the body and on all types of skin.
The ideal patient is one with light skin and dark course hair. However, even darker skin types can benefit from this treatment.
Does it hurt?
- The treatment causes only minimal discomfort. Patients often say it feels similar to the snap of a rubber band. Slight redness and localized swelling can occasionally occur, but this usually subsides within the first 24 hours after treatment.
How many treatments are required?
- Typically patients see results in 4-6 treatments, though this number will vary based upon skin tone, hair color, hair texture and several other factors.