ERBIUM YAG LASER FOR TREATMENT OF FACIAL WRINKLES
What is the Erbium Yag Laser?
- The Erbium Yag laser is an ablative laser used for resurfacing facial skin. It is considered the industry’s gold standard in wrinkle treatment. It is designed to remove surface-level and moderately deep lines and wrinkles.
- One of the benefits of Erbium Yag laser resurfacing is minimal burning of surrounding tissue, hence a lower risk of skin pigment changes.
How does the Erbium Yag laser work?
- The Erbium Yag laser precisely ablates the epidermis (the outermost layer of the skin) to reveal the underlying skin that is smoother and younger looking.
- The procedure also stimulates collagen production to tighten the surrounding tissue, resulting in improved skin texture, further tightening of the skin and reduced signs of aging.
- An Erbium Yag laser skin resurfacing treatment is performed in our office as an outpatient procedure with the use of a local anesthetic and possibly a mild sedative if needed. After the procedure, an ointment is applied to the treated area to prevent dryness and the unlikely occurrence of scarring.
- In 7 to 10 days, you will be able to resume normal activities.
- Only one treatment is required.