- What is Profound Treatment?
- What areas can benefit from Profound Treatment?
- How is Profound Treatment performed?
- Profound Treatment is a minimally invasive skin procedure designed to help individuals who have lost elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid in their skin, leading to soft tissue laxity and volume loss.
- It uses radiofrequency energy to tighten the skin, and to create more volume and elastic tissue.
- Profound Treatment may be used to treat sagging tissues along the jaw line, the upper arms, upper knee region, and other areas where there has been loss of skin elasticity.
- The procedure is performed in our office while you are fully awake. First, local anesthetic is placed along the area to be treated. Then, the Profound handheld device with 5 pairs of micro-needle electrodes is placed on the skin.
- Once deployed into the dermis, these tiny electrodes precisely deliver fractionated thermal energy into the deep layers of the skin where the concentration of collagen is the highest. Fractionated heat zones are created within the dermis, without injury to the outer skin.
- The process is repeated along the entire area in need of treatment. Radiofrequency heat delivery into the treated areas stimulates dermal remodeling with new elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid formation, resulting in visible skin improvement.