Laser Hair Removal
- How does it work?
- How do I know if I am a good candidate for laser hair removal?
- Does it hurt?
- How many treatments are required?
- To eliminate hair, we use a combination of two lasers depending on the patient’s needs, the 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser and the 755-nmAlexandrite laser.
- The laser emits gentle pulses of energy that pass through the skin to the hair follicle. This energy is then absorbed into the hair follicle to destroy it.
- Laser hair removal can be applied to all areas of the body and on all types of skin.
- The ideal patient is one with light skin and dark course hair. However, even darker skin types can benefit from this treatment.
- The treatment causes only minimal discomfort. Patients often say it feels similar to the snap of a rubber band. Slight redness and localized swelling can occasionally occur, but this usually subsides within the first 24 hours after treatment.
- Typically patients see results in 4-6 treatments, though this number will vary based upon skin tone, hair color, hair texture and several other factors.
Illustrations of Procedure